Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Lazy Lasagna

This is a recipe from a family collection cookbook on my husbands side.  I love this recipe, another absolute favorite of mine.  I am not a determined woman enough to do all the layering to make traditional lasagna.  I enjoy all the cheese that is in it, but I love to be able to add any vegetables I want to change it up.  I have froze this meal many times and it turns out marvelous.

Lazy Lasagna

  • 1 lb ground beef, cooked
  • 8 oz pasta (elbow, bowtie, etc.), cooked
  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • 1 egg
  • 16 oz cottage cheese
  • 12 oz shredded mozzarella
  • Italian seasoning
  • 3 c. spaghetti sauce

Mix cream cheese and egg. Combine all ingredients, except for sauce. Pour into  pan, top with sauce.  Bake 350F for 30 min.

Important note, cook the pasta just until it is done.  You want it to be a bit hard, so that it will freeze well.  Not to worry, it will cook all the way when you thaw and heat it.  I am sorry for the lack of precise measurement on the ingredients.  For the ability to share the recipe, I just approximated the amount.  I have swapped the ground beef for spicy Italian sausage, my husband and I loved it, the kids not so much.

~trish

No comments:

Post a Comment