I was asked to help out making some jeans from Goodwill into a pair of Jessie pants. Ohh, of course I hijacked the entire project! Well first, I needed to know what Jessie looked like.
From there! I got the iron out with the rotary cutter, and the sewing machine. The details I wanted to get was the white fray on the bottom and black trim, another image had shown more black trim. So with plenty of wonder-under, black bias tape, and white ribbon I created:
Sorry about the double picture. I added silver studding, mostly because I had it to use. I am slightly embarrassed to say, that these are from my super cool western days in high school, when I was the queen of the FFA! My husband only laughed hysterically at me. Oh well, a decade later, they are in use again. I also added a star at on the back pockets.
I did give a few stitches at the bottom and across the top. I hind sight, I would have cut the seam and stitched the whole thing together.