Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Hybrid Craftin’ with my Digital Software

DSC05763

This is my Dollar Tree find!  The entire container was blue, I used some of my Indian Summer Fall Paper Stack by DCWV to cover the entire outside of the container.  I used a Sizzix Top Notes by Stampin Up for the red piece.  I needed to put a label on it.  So I went to my Story Book Creator and found some nice paper and typed out what I needed, I then add the butterfly and dragonfly and a doodle to the edges.  I turned them white, mostly for economic reasons, white is less ink than black.  I printed and cut it out.  I adhered all paper to the container with modge podge, I also created a protective layer of modge podge to keep the paper from getting ruined and to be able to wipe it clean.

So what did I put in it? Well, I am keeping the little gummie treats I get, the mini cookies, and peeps in there.  And the silicone cupcake layers.  The beloved lunch items were taking over my entire counter.  As they migrated around the counter, they began to taunt the children to taste them.  So in order to keep the bento treats in order and out of the sight of little tummies, I decided to contain them, prettily!

Oh a day with modge podge, is a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment