Monday, March 29, 2010

#2’s Birthday cake - Truck

DSC05917

 

Here is my son’s birthday cake.  It took me a while to figure out what to do.  He has been disillusioned with Chuckie cheese Commercials and has only requested a Chuckie Cheese Cake.  Well, that was not going to happen.  I can go on about my despair of Chuckie Cheese and how it is not the wonderful entertainment of my childhood anymore, but I will spare you.  So after much thought, a TRUCK!

I made this from 2 box cakes and 2 tubs of icing.  My approximate cost $4.   I used sprinkles to color.   To get the shape, I  used 3 pans; a pyrex circle and rectangle pan and then my casserole pan.  He loved it.  I only quickly threw this together, i.e., started at 8 am and finished about 11 am, as I was boiling eggs for our Palm Sunday Traditional Egg Coloring Event at the House.  I snuck in a little birthday party in the mix this year, since I had a few people here and I could let him feel like he had a party without having one.  Shhh.

I believe next year we will be having just 1 party for all the kids and do a huge blow-out.  I am thinking of a theme with bounce houses, the whole 9 yards and make it like a festival.  Of course, I will still do a special cake for each one with just family.

~trish

No comments:

Post a Comment