Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Good Day Shopping!

If you haven’t done so, please check out  www.southernsavers.com.  You will see the link on the left hand side.  Thanks to the fabulous work done by this woman, I am able to get great deals without any searching and time.  I was doing all the couponing  earlier, but I spent a ton of time and energy searching and traveling.  So I gave up for a while. Well having dinner with an old friend, reignited my couponing thanks to her reminder of  www.southernsavers.com.

I know use southern savers to buy at Publix and Winn Dixie only.  I do not have it to go to CVS and Walgreens and Target to name a few.  I am also not picking up every Sunday Paper .  So I pick up a Sunday Paper here and there and I cruise southern savers before I go shopping.  I love that she  links the printable coupons and that you can build your shopping list directly from her sight.

So here are my deals:

Publix

Item Sale Coupon Quantity Total Price Spent
Pillsbury ready to bake cookies $3.09 BOGO $1/2 8 $8.72
Bob Evans Hash browns $2.59 BOGO $0.50/1 2 $1.59
Betty Crocker Cake Mix $1.85 BOGO - 8 $7.40

Total Spent $17.35, Saved $27.35

Winn-Dixie

Item Sale Coupon Quantity Total Price Spent
Sara Lee Cheesecake $4.99 BOGO $1/1 2 $2.99
Birds Eye 1# frozen Vegetables 10/$10   13 $13.00
Betty Crocker Frosting $1.99 BOGO $ 0.50/1 2 $0.99
Oscar Myers Bologna $2.89 BOGO $1/1 2 $0.89
Kraft Coleslaw Sauce $3.79   1 $3.79
Beef Round Roast $4.99/lb BOGO   5 lbs $11.89

Total Spent $33.55, saved $ 37.78

 

Now I still have shopping at Wal-Mart and Sam’s, which are my typical shopping adventures for the week. The items I got above was just $50 on stocking up on some luxury goods for our home, minus the veggies.  I typically do not buy ready to bake cookies or cheese cake.  I do buy cake mixes when I can get a great deal on them.  Now the coleslaw dressing is out of pure laziness.  Being in my 7th month of pregnancy and having a birthday party this weekend, I do not have energy to spare.  To take some of the burden I just bought the dressing.  I know a cheapo like me probably has the ingredients to whip it together in less than 15 minutes, but I might not get that 15 minutes, so why chance it. 

Talk about a party!  I am going cheaply!  I am making Pulled BBQ Turkey Sandwiches, Coleslaw, Baked Beans with Sweet Tea and Lemon Aid.  Cupcakes and ice cream.  The turkey just got finished cooking, in the morning I will pull it off the bone and shred it.  Then I will put it in a crock pot with BBQ sauce the day of: total expenses $8.50 14# turkey (frozen since thanksgiving sale) and $4.67 Bulk Sonny’s BBQ Sauce from Sam’s, Buns about $4 from Sam’s. BBQ turkey equals $17 to feed 20-30 people this party and the same number in April for the next party, it freezes great.  Next up, Coleslaw.  The coleslaw is $3 for a huge bag at Sam’s and the $3.79 dressing and about $4 for #10 can of baked beans.  Dinner’s total is $$28.  I have everything to make the tea and lemon aid.  I got a girlfriend that brings the cupcakes as the gift.  The ice cream is on hand.  Taa da!  See why I don’t mind the splurge on the coleslaw dressing.  I even picked up the plates at Wal-Mart for $0.75 a pack in the Valentine isle.

I shouldn’t gloat like this, it is just not pretty.  eww, have you noticed that I am posting more regularly?  Well, I just got a free Microsoft program loaded that is  Windows Live Writer that allows me to compose my postings with all the tools like I am writing in Word and then post it directly to my blog.  This makes it a whole lot easier to post tid bits of my world to you.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment