Monday, February 15, 2010

Simplicity Patterns on Sale!

DSC05668
So maybe I went a little crazy at JoAnn’s this weekend.  I am at least thankful that I did not need any more patterns, BUT I just couldn’t help myself.  I think its an obsession.  She who has the most patterns, WINS?  The top pattern to the right is one I am working on for both girls.  I did buy fabric, because I need more fabric like a hole in my head.  I just bought enough to do this outfit and I will have a nice fat quarter left for the pile.
I am actually sewing these in order to learn a new machine.  My ol’ New Home Embroidery machine is slowly blacking out.  It is one of the first embroidery machines for the home that came out about 16 years ago.  Ohh, it was sooo super cool!   It had a touch screen LED and had all these embroidery cards.  Well now, in 15 years of use the screen is getting darker and darker.  Well, with 4 pregnancies and each year my eyes get worst.   So I started looking for new machines, but the dollars are just not here yet.  So being the loved cheapo I am, I am hijacking one of my mom’s machines.  Thankfully she has an extra.
DSC05667
Isn’t it pretty!  As I have been working with this wonderful machine, I realize that I was so romanced with the ol’ New Home.  The New Home  Machine was so luxurious compared to my old chainsaw singer I got for my 13th birthday.  I could not imagine a machine being any smoother than that New Home.  Well, well, well.  Let me tell you this little Brothers Machine is the cat’s meow!  I can not believe how smooth and quiet and easy to control.  The features are amazing.  I am loving the thread cutter, how did I live without it.
You may have noticed the space is not cluttered and cramped around the machine, that is because I am not home.  I am finding some solitude in hiding in my mom’s craft room with the playroom next door for the kids.  I am claiming it is the pregnancy, since I am in my third trimester, but I really believe it is the combination of children getting bigger in a small home, well there is work to do at my house, and I do not have to be constrained in order to sew.  So lets see how long it takes me to wear out my welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment