Monday, May 4, 2009

Are you in a pickle?


This is my second batch! So far they have been real quick and easy with minimal effort. But I have to wait to eat them.
Here is how!
Cut cucumbers as desired and soak in water in fridge for about 2 hours. This gives its crunch. (Now I do this first thing in the morning and then after two hours, when I rember about them, is when I move to the next step.
Combine in a big pot with lid, 4 cp vinegar (white), 12 cp water, and 2/3 cp of pickling salt. While this is coming to a boil, I drain the cucs and put them into the jars.
I then add garlic and dill in each jar. The recipe I found said to spilt 16 cloves and 8 springs and 8 heads of dill weed between 2 jars. I did not think to plant dill yet, so I give mine about 1/2 tsp of dry dill and 1 tsp of diced garlic from the jar.
Next I pour the boiling vinegar water (after all the salt has dissolved into the jars). Put the lid one and boil bath it for 10 minutes. They must sit for 8 weeks and then you can eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment