Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Urge to Purge is BACK!

  SO to be a way! I went unplugged for just over a week, totally unintentionally.  I would never want to unplug from you, but I snuck away to see family and had no telephone service or internet.  So I had almost a week of no phone calls or keeping up with anything.  I was even unplugged from my sewing machine, now that was the most daunting part.

While I was staying at my uncluttered, simply arranged sisters house, I found a nice book by Better Homes and Gardens.Making a Home: Housekeeping for Real Life I really liked this book.  I only got to get about an inch deep into it, but found it heavy in wonderful information about keeping a home. 

 

Now I know this sounds funny of an idea, a book to help you keep home, but I quickly realized keeping a house a home, takes art.  The art that you must learned and let me say, I have not and did not learn it.  It had a ton of details about everything, even making a bed.  So being in a clean home with an inspiring book, I got the urge to have the same at home.

 

So I spent the 8 hour drive home making my initial game plan, hmm, boy is this sounding familiar to one of the many post I have done on the overwhelming clutter I have.  I will say, over the past few years and months, I have drastically decreased my clutter. 

My problem at the moment is,

  1. Yes, there is still stuff to get rid of and removed from the house.
  2. Some things really will not have a home until some remodeling is done (and of course, my darling husband refuses to start until everything is moved out of his way, YUCK!)
  3. It is time to find a reasonable home for the rest of it.

To help motivate my I am calling upon the knowledge of FlyLady!

Our FlyLady system is all about establishing little habits that string together into simple routines to help your day run on automatic pilot. You can do this! – Essentially it is an outside source that reminds you to work on your chores.  I did this when I had my first child and would get emails telling me to clean this and that – as funny as it sounds- it was the boost I needed to get it done.

I am coming back to Fly Lady to help me maintain a routine outside of myself as to controller to make it work.  I am not sure if I am going to sign up for the emails or have a reminder on my calendar to do things each day.

 

Fly Lady’s initial push is all about the kitchen sink!  Clean, sparkle and polish.  There is even instructions to do it.  Well I got started tonight.

DSC06518

The funniest thing happened, I decided I should wipe the window ledge above and then I noticed how dirty the screen was.  Next thing I know, I am on a chair taking down the screen and washing them.  These are good wire screan, so I was able to scrub it good.  I was shocked at the dirt.

DSC06517 

At this point I want to add a little condition statement.  This is still what you see when you look right and left of the sink. DSC06520DSC06519

Ah, oh well, my sink is pretty.  And besides, baby steps.   Maybe tomorrow my counters will be cleaned.

Fly lady, fly!

~trish

No comments:

Post a Comment