Monday, June 28, 2010

Baby Wearing

  

 

I have had several baby slings and carriers, but these are still my favorite.  And even better is that I made it.  I have tried the style, were you wrap them in different positions using the same piece of clothe.  But I found that I like these best, with a little up front work, it keeps it easy for me to use.  Here is a picture of me and my cousin wearing our babies.  Our babies are about a month apart.

IMG_1414

You can have easy access to the babies from the side if they are tiny and as they grow, from the top.

IMG_1416

The pattern is a good pattern, but the directions are misleading, to say it best.  You will need some experience in sewing, not because the techniques are challenging.  It is because the directions will not direct you to the desired finished product.  I have bought this pattern twice, most recently,because I could not find the other pattern.  The second pattern had an extra pattern piece to cut.  With that said, once you build it once, it is minimal effort to create again and again.

 

McCalls Pattern 5678M5678

 

I have also made the sling.  I actually prefer this sling verses any I have owned.  I like that it sits the baby more at your abdomen, verses your chest.

I hope you enjoy!

~trish

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE them!!! And, I'm thinking of you as I just glanced down at the time on my computer and it's 12:06am....yikes! ;)
    Blessings,

    Liz ;)

    ReplyDelete