Yah right, like that is all I would say. Well, I just might be a little hormonal. Not too bad, pretty mild for me, but I am FREAKING OUT HERE PEOPLE! Well, no not that bad. Lets see, I have already public apologized for being me, see earlier post on Miss Bossy pants. I have thrown myself to the Homeschool moms forum that I might be inadequate, because I can’t get myself into a routine with my children, even though I have a 4 week old attached. Miss Type A is trying to take over again, I must STOP her!
Well, the blessing in homeschooling year round is that you can take time off. So seeing that I have a newborn, I am attempting no curriculum progress for another 2 months. So I believe that would make our unit study start date august 10th. Hmm, that is my wedding anniversary. Well, I better keep the poppa happy, no rice dinner for him, we might start the following week. I do want to keep them learning, almost unconstructively, so here is what I plan to mildly work with them on:
- Monthly Calendar (got all the pieces from the Dollar Tree)
- Lots of reading (We will be exceeding our limit at the Library this summer)
I plan to do all this with games and nothing too structured. I might even throw in some file folder games that I already have made up. I did find a neat blog Confessions of a homeschooler, she has a ton of ideas that I might have to copy from. I love the use of her workboxes and it makes me want to try them. But then again it goes into me trying to do too much. For this summer, I am trying to keep it simple.
Oh, so what better way to keep it simple than to make a few goals for the summer. I am trying to keep it to a minimum here folks, but I am a task master and if I do not have a list I will never get it done, the traits of a reformed/rehabilitated procrastinator. So here are my plans/goals.
- Potty Train #3 (I really should say, coheirs my darling husband into training her, like he did for the last one)
- rebuild my wardrobe by making, thrift, or refashioning.
- Recover my nasty ashtray chair, so it will be useable.
- Take the kids to see my sisters
- See a play with the kids
- Take the kids to a Museum
- Start making my Christmas gifts (also meaning I have a list made on the who and what)
- Work on building a routine (maybe that we just play school between 10-noon), engrain the rules, distribute chores.
I think 8 items for the next 2-3 months is reasonable. I am so excited, I will have to make a list on sidebar to show them and cross them off as I go. Sounds like a reasonable, I am not letting the “Type A missy have a mile, but I will give her an inch” thing to do. I will even try not to add to it, but I can not make any promises.
I am excited, I wrote this last night. I just found out that you can go to www.kidsbowlfree.com and sign up to 6 kids to bowl 2 free games this summer until the end of August. For $25 you sign up 4 adults to join in on those free games. How awesome is that! So I am happy to be adding a little fun to our summer at little cost to us.