Friday, May 7, 2010

My baby bump!

DSC06606

What a rough picture!  Here I am at 36 weeks.  I wish I had a picture of today, I am still prego, with 3 days to go until my due date.  I have never been pregnant this long with any of the others.  The funny part, is how more and more relaxed I am, as I am getting closer to the end.

You can see my more recent bump in my hen house post.  How funny!  I do have some appreciation to God that my eyes are in the front of my face than in the back.  I was a bit in shock when I seen pictures of my back.  What a petty thing to think about, but in this pregnancy my milk fat storage is apparently my back and butt.  I like to call it milk fat, since your body stores up fat at the end to have a good burst of milk supply.  I also name it this, so I mentally never own and feel as though I must keep it.

Like a crazy woman, I am making plans for a half marathon.  I have ran a half marathon a couple of years ago and a 15k a couple months after #3.  I have a plan.  Previously, I have walked 14 miles a week for the first 14 weeks.  I did this by getting out 3-4 times a week, walking about 3-4 miles at a time.  By the 14th week, I had all my pregnancy weight gone.  So taking this approach, I plan to start running at whatever distance and how often by how it feels.  I have enough going on, I am not going to over push myself.  SO I hope to get to October and have about 5 miles a week that I am running and a total of 20 miles moved each week. 

I am going to have to pull out some favors and get my groggy head up early to get the miles in.  I feel that it is worth it though.  My time getting the miles in, often releases my stress and clears my head.  Which always helps me to deal with my little ones!

 

Days away from getting started.

~trish

3 comments:

  1. Awwww. To be young and raising babies again. Hmmmm. Oh how I would have done things differently. I think you look great for 3 days to go! XO, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great!

    I'm amazed that you can think about a half marathon right now, I'm just hoping to keep up with my kids.

    Thank you for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- a marathon? I am lucky to get from the couch to the bathroom without huffing and puffing this time. LOL! Blessings on the very-soon-to-be-born little one!

    ReplyDelete