Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Creamy Chicken Pasta

This is for my chicken bulk cooking.  I have not made this before, but when I looked over all the ingredients and it looks like it will be very good.  I also picked this recipe because I can buy most of the ingredients in bulk, like the larger can of Cream of Mushroom soup.

I got this recipe from:

The Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook (1999), p.327

Creamy Chicken Pasta

  • 3 1/4 c. chopped cooked chicken
  • 10 3/4 oz  can cream of chicken soup with herbs
  • 10 3/4 oz can of cream of celery soup
  • 8 oz sour cream
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 3 c. crushed ritz crackers (2 sleeves)
  • 1/4 c. melted butter

Combine chicken, both cream of soups, sour cream and pepper; stirring well. Layer half the ritz crackers at the bottom of dish, spoon chicken mixture, layer remaining crackers and drizzle melted butter.

Bake uncovered at 325F for 35 minutes.  Serves 6

I am going to change this to make it more suitable for my family.  When I make the mixture, I am going to add diced onions, carrots, celery, and whatever good looking vegetable that jumps on my cutting board.  also, I will just freeze the chicken mixture, uncooked in a freezer bag.

When I go to make it, I will thaw and cook in the crock pot.  I will probably serve it with egg noodles and pass on the ritz, but I can change it up and serve with ritz layered in.

~trish

 

No comments:

Post a Comment