Monday, March 1, 2010

Bento – Day 1 and 2

Alright!  I made my first bento last night and received great reviews from the daughter.

Here is my first.

DSC05740 She had cheese sandwich men, cut from cookie cutters, cherry tomatoes cut in half, raisins with 1 swedish fish, pickle, and a chocolate bar mini.  Well, found out the chocolate bar is a no-no at school.  She did not like the pickle either.  I served this with a juice box and a water.

Tonight, I had to make 2 bentos, since my youngest will be in the 2 year old room for the day so I can get some laundry done. 

DSC05743 More sandwich men!  Sliced tomatoes, left over sweet carrots, 2 mini butter cookies, raisins, and a swed-fish.  As for those mini cookies, we love them.  They are called Grandma’s cookies and they are only sold at the Dollar General.  The sweet carrots are a favorite among the girls too.  I make them with butter, honey, and brown sugar.  I am using bottles for the juice.  I think it is cheaper than the boxes or pouches, especially when it is BOGO.

No comments:

Post a Comment