Thursday, April 30, 2009

Wew! The month of April is at it's end and I have only posted 1 time!!

Shame on me! Sorry to leave you out on the porch. This past month has been busy, but I am not even sure what I have been doing.




well easter is passed, but I do want to show you the dresses I made for the girls and myself. No we did not match. But how cute. I made the girls from an edited version of the McCalls 3531. When I puchased the material, I could not figure out why I could not understand the quantities. Well the dress is suppose to be 2 pieces, the dress and a penifold over it. Well that would have resulted in 4 pieces to make for the girls and well, momma only started them the monday before Easter and still had my own to do starting that Thursday (febric went on sale that day). Well I just ended up making it look like 2 pieces. I ended up also adding a tie in the back to help it fit better.
Here is mine, from Simplicity 2886. I have already worn it 2 times and I love it. I thought it was more an A line dress but it is not. It is a current style that has pleating all the way around at the bust. Well if you are shapes like an apple, A lines are perfect, but this style, well I just figured I would get used to width of it. Because man of man, it makes me look wide! But it does have pockets and I will feel no pain if I have another cookies, LOL! I may later add a few pleats to help it fit me better.
I will be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment