Tuesday, July 16, 2013

canning from the groceries store: 7/14 - 7/23

so I have decided to begin a series of canning ideas based on grocery store sales.  I used to never think to can from the grocery store.  I thought i had to spend a ton of time getting the food at the produce stand and then go through the chore of prepping it.  thankfully, time with my pressure canner and great blogs like http://perkypreppinggramma.blogspot.com/ and http://canninggranny.blogspot.com/, my canning mentality has changed.

Now if you coupon, this will free a lot of your freeze space.

Here are some safety guidelines: http://www.gopresto.com/recipes/canning/meat.php


So I have publix and winn dixie near me that I can shop from.

This week at Winn Dixie, I might pick up these upcoming deals.
***********************************************************************


  • Ball Park Franks, 14-16 oz, at $3.29 ($1.64)
    • -$1 off Ball Park lean franks (regional), RP 6/16
***********************************************************************
  •  Eckrich Sausage, Franks, Bologna or Salmai, 8.3-16 oz, at $3.99 ($1.99)
    • -.55/ 1 Eckrich rope or links smoked sausage , RP 6/30
Here are some references about canning them:

***************************************************************************
note: I have previewed these videos.  I do not endorse or can guarantee any of these instructions.  I do use these methods personally, but you must use your own best judgement and take personal responsibility. thats about all i can come up with as a dis clamor, so folks use some common sense when you do anything.





No comments:

Post a Comment