Friday, March 5, 2010

Looting the Garden for Dinner

DSC05768

Here is my loot from my garden: Mustard Greens, Carrots, and broccoli. The broccoli became a snack through the afternoon.  The carrots are being served with ranch dressing with dinner.  I cooked the mustard greens for dinner too.  We are having it all with chicken and dumplings.

I am still super excited about my carrots.  I am also excited about planting tomorrow.  Hopefully, it will not be cold.  What a thought to say in the beginning of March.  I just cannot believe this weather and I am done with it.  Bring on the heat.

Next fall, I do plan to plant more carrots, broccoli, and bok choy.  I am not sure if I will bother with tomatoes or any other sensitive to the cold plants.  Maybe even a few potatoes.   Happy to know that we are eating from the garden tonight.  yum-yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment